ONCE PER WEEK PICK UP!
Place It ALL by the Curb on YOUR Day!
There's a new can in town!
You should have received your NEW garbage cart. If you didn't receive a cart, call (863) 284-4319.
- single-day, once-per-week collection of all garbage, recycle and yard waste
- new 95-gallon garbage carts assigned to each address for all household garbage
- automated garbage collection
It's easy! Place all garbage, recycle and yard waste by the curb on your collection day.
Automated Garbage Collection:
- Residents will receive a 95-gallon garbage cart for all household trash.
- A special vehicle is equipped with a lifting mechanism that reaches out to the waste cart, lifts and empties the container returning the cart to its original position.
- NO OTHER container may be used for trash.
Waste Pickup Schedule. Landfill is Closed on Major Holidays, collection service will be delayed by one day. (see holiday schedule below)
- All waste collection takes place between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- All garbage, recycle and yard waste should be placed curb-side either the night before or by 6 a.m. on your collection day.
- View the following map to see your assigned collection day based on area. Collection Day Map
- Place all garbage inside your new 95-gallon cart.
- Place the cart within five (5) feet of the curb or street.
- Make sure the handles face away from the street.
- Too much trash for your cart? See "Big" Trash Days for Instructions.
If you have a long driveway and need something to help transport your new cart to the road, we have a couple of solutions. We currently have in stock the Chore Saver, www.choresaver.com or the Can Sporter, www.cansporter.com. For a small deposit, you can rent one of these items from our office to make your trash day easier. After visiting the website, please contact our office for more information.
"Big" Trash Days
We understand there will be times when you produce more garbage than fits in your cart.
You may choose four (4) times per year you may place up to five (5) garbage bags of extra waste next to your new cart. Please call Republic Services before your scheduled trash day to let them know you will have extra trash. Trash must be in bags and set beside your garbage cart.
If you have extra trash bags more often, call Waste & Recycling Division at (863) 284-4319 to request an additional cart.
Routine Yard Waste
Routine Yard Waste is any vegetative matter resulting from ResidentialProperty lawn and landscaping maintenance including shrub and tree trimmings,grass clippings, palm fronds, and branches. Yard Waste does not include stumps,logs, and/or entire trees.
Routine Yard Waste is collected once a week on the same dayas your garbage and recycling. Any Routine Yard Waste should be placed curbsidein plastic lawn bags, in old garbage containers, or in neatly stacked piles.
Any yard waste placedcurbside that does not fall within the County guidelines of routine yard wastewill be tagged to inform the resident that the yard waste does not conform tothe County guidelines and will not be collected. It is the responsibility of the resident to remove any nonconforming Yard Waste.
For a list of Contract Haulers to remove nonconforming Yard Waste, you can contact the Waste and Recycling Division at (863) 284-4319.
Large or Bulky Items
The following items will be picked up curbside within 72 hours:
- Air Conditioners
- Washing Machines
- Televisions (or they can be recycled at our Household Hazardous Waste Facility)
Unacceptable Trash Items:
Do NOT place the following materials in your garbage cart or at the curb. If any of these items are found in your cart, the cart will be tagged with an instructional notice and not serviced. Call (863) 284-4319 for proper disposal information.
- Land Clearing Debris (i.e. rocks or large tree remains, including trunks, stumps or root systems regardless of how small they have been cut)
- Construction Materials
- Automobile Parts
- Radioactive Materials
- Explosives, including propane cylinders
- Biomedical Waste, including sharps/syringes used for medical purposes
- Household Hazardous Wastes, such as:
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- Used Oil or Oil Filters
- Any product labeled:
Rinse and place recyclables in yellow recycle bins beside your garbage cart. Need more yellow recycle bins? Call (863) 284-4319. Click here for more recycle information.
- All Non-Food Contaminated Paper and Paperboard (junk mail, newspaper, cereal boxes, etc.)
- Plastic Containers #1-6 (water and soda bottles, milk and detergent jugs, butter and yogurt tubs, etc.)
- Steel and Aluminum Cans
- Clear and Colored Glass, but NO ceramic mugs, mirrors or window panes
- Flatten all cardboard into 3 x 3 pieces.
A Recycling Drop-off Center is located at the North Central Landfill.
The landfill is closed and Garbage, Yard Waste and Recycling will not be collected on the following holidays:
If the Holiday falls on a weekday, then all collection days on that day and later are delayed by one day.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
For example: If the holiday falls on Monday, then Mondays collection will be on Tuesday, Tuesday collection on Wednesday, Wednesday collection on Thursday, Thursday collection on Friday and Friday service will be provided on Saturday.